Envelope Project

Friday, January 11, 2008

The Week's End

It's Friday night and I'm beat. It's been a long week of 10 plus hour days and I've done no creating this week at all (except in my head). This afternoon I found out that Sharon Schamber won the $100,000 Quilting Challenge and I was so excited. I called B up and told him that if I knew that I could win $100,000 on one quilt, I would quit today!!! Oh, how I wish!!! Her work is beautiful and I've been able to meet her and speak to her twice at the International Quilt Festival in Houston. She is just an awesome, giving person. And oh, so very talented. I have the same longarm machine that she does so I'm expecting great things from ME!!!

I will not be going into the office this weekend. I need some down time! Monday will come soon enough and I'll be off and running again tackling another set of problems. But, for now Monday is two long days away so I hope that I can enjoy my sewing room tomorrow and Sunday!

The Marathon is this Sunday, but I will be at spin class doing my thing. I wish I could run the half marathon, but I don't think that my knees will hold up for that. For 2008 I want to run some 5k's (well at least one!).

Doggie is laying at my feet and asking me to go to bed, so I guess I'll sign off. I have no new pictures for tonight, but hopefully the next couple of days will be prolific!

No comments: