Envelope Project

Saturday, January 12, 2008

A Good Day






Today was a good day. Doggie and I usually start our Saturdays off with a nice jog. Well, first we watch our quilting shows on PBS and then we take off. Today's jog was good. The weather was gorgeous today - cool in the morning, warm in the afternoon, even cooler this evening. Tomorrow morning is spin class. I've been going faithfully for 5 months now. B and I are biking the MS150 again this year. This will be my 3rd year and the 4th ride for B. We are ready to get out on the open rode and ride our "real" bikes. I think we are shooting for a ride next weekend if the weather is good. Yay!

The quilting project lasted all day today and lots of progress was made. I learned how to mirror image text while Doggie slept in the chair next to me. Since I don't have any draw software on my computer, I discovered that my printer has a mirror image feature that was a lifesaver for my quilting project. I was able to print out all of the quotes, words, name and dates that will now go on the quilt. In addition, I have pieced most of the back of the quilt. It would have been much simpler and quicker to use my fabric stash, but I am using M's clothing for the back. Since not all of the material is cotton, I had to stabilize a good portion of the material before it could be pieced. Now I am almost completely out of stabilizer, but I see this as a good thing as it means another trip to the fabric store is in order. Yay!

Tomorrow I hope to finish the piecing and get the quilt loaded onto the longarm machine. Maybe if I'm really on a roll, I'll even do a little bit of quilting before the head hits the pillow tomorrow night. It was a very good quilting day.

B was gone most of the day working on his projects. We had a very nice evening together eating dinner and watching a movie. Now he and Doggie are sound asleep and that is where I am headed.

No comments: