Envelope Project

Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Spin Cycle




Today's spin class was tough. Melanie, the teacher is awesome, but she is tough, tough, tough!! The class was totally full (35 bikes, I think) and half the class is guys. She offers no recovery time so from the get-go we are going full out. I feel great after each session, but during the class, it is tough. I'm getting much better though. After class, I came home, put on dry clothes and jogged with the dog for 25 minutes. I must be getting better. Other than the fact that it was cold outside and I had shorts on, I didn't mind the jog even after spinning for an hour. Yay!

More progress was made on the quilt. I'm so ready to put it on the longarm machine and quilt it. Yesterday and today was spent zigzagging the edges and making sure everything was stitched down. That took FOREVER!!! I finished at 5:10 p.m. today and then went to the store to buy some fusible interfacing for the back of the quilt. Then there was a trip to the grocery store where in the end (30 minutes later) I didn't purchase anything. Does the name Randall's in Bellaire mean anything?! Yep, once again, slow as molasses and they didn't get anything right. Enough said. I walked out of there empty handed and totally hungry. B and I ordered fajitas out and had a nice dinner at home. Now, I'm exhausted and going to bed. Tomorrow is work and I'm so not looking forward to that. Oh, well.

No comments: