Envelope Project

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Fun Times

Challenge - Day 37:

Last night I came home from work and pieced together some more scraps and then made this little number . . .
 So cute!
 I love the fabric on the inside!
 
Today, Day 38, I got down to business.  Remember this little number from Days 29, 30 and 31?  Well, today, I put it on the longarm and made it look beautiful!  At least to my eyes, it's beautiful!!


 I was so excited about the quilting I took pictures before I had trimmed it up!!
 
 Closer detail

 I think the backside looks glorious too!!

I've trimmed the quilt and next up is the binding.  I think I might wash this little jewel before I send it off to its new owner.  I think it will only add to its beauty.  Whatd'ya think?

Once I was through quilting this little number, I finished piecing the table runner from Day 35.  I don't think the pictures do it justice.  It looks really rich in person.  I think I'll throw this on the longarm also, but who knows . . . maybe I'll just quilt it on the domestic machine.  We'll see . . .



And that my friends, is Challenge Days 37 and 38.  Thank goodness for the weekends when I get to do a little bit more than just small projects.  Although I do like the little number I did last night.  It make me happy. 

Does this happen to anyone else?  I opened up my crafting closet to look for thread for the longarm and then got sidetracked and started going through my pile of quilts that need binding.  Found some nice quilts that really just need to be bound.  And then I found some quilt tops I had forgotten about that need to find their way to the longarm.  Pretty excited about that.  I guess they got put aside because I haven't made the backs yet.  Oops.  I guess I know what I can do this week for my challenges!

I hope everyone is enjoying her weekend and crafting up some beauties!

No comments: