Envelope Project

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Challenge - Day 32

Wow!  I'm more than half way through this challenge which means my birthday is right around the corner.  Yay!  Today as I was sewing I was thinking that I think I'll continue on with the challenge, but maybe I'll do a paper, pen, paint, etc. type challenge.  I do like to draw and doodle so we'll see how I feel when June rolls around.

But, today was a wonderful day.  I took two bags of scrap material, threw them on the table and started sewing.  All of the scrap material was quilted and each one of the pieces represents yoga bags, etc. that were previously made. 

So, without further ado, here is today's creation:

  front
 
 back
 
front
 
back
 
These are nice sized placemats.  I think they'd look lovely with some Fiesta ware - so bright and cheery.  Of course, the "front" and "back" are arbitrary - I just didn't want anyone to think that there were four placemats.  I still have some small scrap pieces so I may whip up some fun coasters to go along with these gems.  One-of-a-kind, that's for sure. 
 
So, I could add binding to these puppies, but I ran out of time.  But, if anyone thinks binding would be better, let me know.  I would probably do something in polka dots, though, just so you know!
 
I was also thinking about turning these into a bag . . . what do you think???  Bag or placemats . . . place your vote.  


No comments: