Envelope Project

Thursday, December 18, 2008

It's Harder Than I Remember

B. and the doggie are at the farm today so it was an empty house when I got home from work. I changed clothes and decided to go for a run sans doggie. No excuses with having to stop and smell and wait for the dog to pee on everything. I was on my own and I had to go the distance. It's harder than I remember! It was made even harder by the fact that it was pitch black outside and I was trying to not hurt myself on the cracked sidewalks. I tried to run in the street as much as I could, but sometimes the traffic just didn't cooperate. Oh, well. I did my two miles and thought, "wow, next month I want to do a 5k, so I better get better at this!!!".

I made a couple more Christmas cards tonight so now I'm up to 10. Is that enough to stop??? I'm still doing good on my no Dr. Pepper and last weekend I made a white canadian bacon/vegetable pizza. I'm still on target with my 30 day challenge.

Tomorrow is my 9-80, but since I still have transfer pricing reports to write, I will be going in to the office. Yay! (said facetiously) It's all good. Today I got to listen to some podcasts at work. I got to work at 8:20 a.m. and finally got logged on at either 9:45 or 10:15 (it was a long time on the phone with the IT department). For some reason, after I finally got logged in, I was able to get Windows Media and so I listened to some quilting podcasts this afternoon. The IT people are supposed to be in the office tomorrow, so I'm sure I'll lose my connection again. Oh, well, it was fun while it lasted.

No idea about Christmas yet. I tried to volunteer for the Depelchin Center, but I missed the deadline. I wish I liked this holiday.

B. and doggie just got home. It's 10:30 p.m. I guess I'll call it an evening and go do my crossword puzzle and head off to bed. Sweet dreams.

No comments: