Envelope Project

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve Festivities




It's here . . . the night before Christmas . . .

This week it's been easy to accomplish my cooking goal. So far, I've made chocolate mousse that is going to be used on the two layer cake that just came out of the oven. It will also be used as filling in the chocolate candy shells. Some of the shells may also have mint chocolate chip ice cream. The recipe I used to make the mousse is not sweet so I'm hoping that the cake and icing will be a nice complement. At least I tried. Last week I made tortellini shells and baked cookies. The Christmas cards were mailed on Monday so for the first time in years, I got them out the door before Christmas day!!! Yay me! I have one more week to go for my first 30 day trials. Some times I think that I'd really like to drink a Dr. Pepper, but it hasn't been that hard to not pop open a can and get that first ice cold hit. I just keep thinking about the 17 tsps of sugar in each can (or some other ridiculous number). Plus in 2009 I have at least two nieces and one nephew who are getting married and I'm going to have to look good for the weddings. I haven't worn a dress in over 8 years. Not my thing anymore, but if I can lose some weight, I'll think about a nice dress or two for the weddings! I have another niece and nephew who are also engaged and I'm not sure if the weddings will be 2009 or 2010. Ah, to be young again.

This is our house all decorated on the outside, thanks to B. It looks really good. The inside looks lovely also when all of the village lights are on. I really wish I could get into this holiday, but I'm keeping busy and we're doing good. The last picture is B's Dad's Christmas gift. Don't ask!

My office closed at noon today and I managed to leave at 1:30 p.m. I would have liked to have stayed longer as I have a week left to finish my transfer pricing reports. I brought my computer and files home today and hopefully I will get lots done on Friday, Saturday or Sunday!!! Yeah, right.

Here's wishing everyone a lovely holiday season. I hope all is well with the world. Mine is just fine, thank you.

No comments: