Envelope Project

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Holiday Goodies

Well, I didn't make my goal of 8 fabric bowls. I managed to finish 4 of them and now I'm not even enthused to give them away even though they've turned out wonderfully. I do need to take the chocolates to work, however, as they have a shelf life of 3 weeks and we are on week two. Yikes! I guess since I am up early this morning I could go and sew another bowl, but I don't have it in me today. My nose is up to its usual tricks of running non-stop. This really gets old. The weather has turned cooler here and my skin is getting really dry. I guess I'm just falling apart!

B put up the Christmas decorations yesterday and they look great. We have a display of villages with lights along with a small 3' Christmas tree. It works for us since we have limited room (since I took the biggest room and put all my sewing stuff in it!). Part of the lights are also up outside. I can't wait to see it when it is fully lit.

Over the weekend I made two new recipes so I'm on track there. I made chili for dinner on Sunday and I also made some cookies. The jury is still out on the cookies and I can't decide if I like them or not. They are not a sweet cookie and instead have potato chips and pretzels loosely ground up in them. Once they are baked and fully cooked, they are dipped in chocolate. I love the combination of salt and chocolate, but these are kind of bland. Maybe I'll like them better today!

Now that the holiday season is here and it should be a time to relax and enjoy, I am having to work even harder. All of the transfer pricing reports are due by December 31 and I think I have the toughest ones to do (once again, thanks Portland folks!). I cannot get the people in Portland to answer my questions and give me the missing information. I just keep plugging along. There are a ton of reports to do and the two biggest ones (US and Canada) are taking me forever because the information had to be compiled (it should have just been sent to us) and it doesn't tie to the financials. They don't seem to care! Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!

Maybe tonight I'll get home a little earlier and I can run with the doggie. Last night I had to forego the running as I didn't get home from work until almost 8 p.m. Ugh!

No comments: