Envelope Project

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

All Things International







This has been a relatively productive week at work. And while I'd rather be somewhere else creating and working on pretty things or funky things, I'm learning all about Transfer Pricing. It's really pretty interesting, but I'm sure I'm going to run into snags shortly. This is the end result of what started with my trip to Portland a few months ago. I still have not received all of my information requested from my "friends" in Portland, but I'm plugging along none-the-less. I still hope to take this Friday off for my 9-80, but we'll see how much progress is made tomorrow.

This weekend I will be making some more of my fabric bowls. I'm going to try and make some that are only about 5" big to hold the handmade chocolates I bought in Wichita over the holidays. I will be giving these out to my fellow co-workers for Christmas. Since the chocolates have a shelf life of three weeks, I will be passing them out next week when every one is in town. If any of you are extreme chocolate lovers, try out Cocoa Dolce at http://www.cocoadolce.com/. You will LOVE it!!! My brother introduced me to this place and I came back to Houston and did some research on the owner. Seems she followed her heart when she was nearing 50 and became a master chocolatier. I like the sound of that. Actually though, I'm using her as inspiration to work on my quilting dream. I think I'm holding myself back for several reasons, the big one being insurance. Even though I don't look or act sick, I am and I need insurance. Oh, well. It's a good thing I like taxes also!

I also read an excerpt today from Steve Pavlina's new book, Personal Development for Smart People. Even though the information is common sense, it's nice to get a jump start on thinking about improving a person's life. He speaks of trying something for 30 days as a trial. I think that I will do three different things in the next 30 days: 1) cook a new meal or bake a new dessert each week (I already cook, but this must be a new recipe), 2) quit drinking Dr. Pepper, and 3) I'd like to say that I'll give up chocolate, but we are in the holiday season and I do plan on baking this year, so instead my third item will be to make handmade Christmas cards and send them out before December 25 rolls around. That one is going to be the toughest. I am notoriously late each year in mailing out my cards. I think that the problem lies in the fact that I cannot just sign my name. I insist on writing to each person even though that is usually not reciprocated by my friends or family (except Mom). It takes a long time to write even a short note to each person. Maybe the trick will be to weed out extraneous people and send to the bare minimum number of people. Kidding!!

Doggie and I went for a nice jog after work. I didn't get home until after 7 p.m., and even though it's hard to run in the dark, we had a very good run. I'm definitely getting better. Next month, I will set a goal to run a 5k and lose weight!!! I'm looking forward to it. The last of the fabric shelves have been built and installed. Don't they look great?!!! B also cooked a nice chicken marsala dinner tonight. Yummy. It's been a good day.

No comments: