Envelope Project

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Serger Saga

Sadly, the serger is still in the shop and when I called today and spoke to the tech guy, he informed me that there is nothing wrong with my machine.  It's been in the shop since October 27 (that's 5 weeks ago!).  He told me I could go to his shop (at least 30 miles away - in Houston traffic - I don't think so) and get a lesson in how to lift the cutter.  (Bear in mind that I was in class learning how to use the serger when it became non-functioning and the personnel there called the tech guy and he tried to walk them through a temporary fix.  The "fix" did not work and I had to leave my machine behind.)  I asked him to call my Bernina location and talk to the person who tried to help me the day it broke.  It turns out he did call and she told him the same thing as I did.  It doesn't work.  Hmm . . . I told him to just ship it back to my store and I would pick it up and use it as a very expensive doorstop!!  I have loved Bernina since I was a teenager and I've been a loyal Bernina customer for a long, long time.  But now I think my unabashed love for Bernina is over.  All good things come to an end, I guess.

So, my options for The Serger are as follows:  1) try again; 2) give it away; 3) sell it; 4) throw it out the window!!  Hmm . . . what to do . . . what to do???  Any suggestions??

#59

1 comment:

Cheryll said...

I suppose it all depends on how old it is? It's always nice to get NeW toys though!!!!
:)