Envelope Project

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

It's All Rather Sketchy!

So, I'm midway through my 10 days off and my assignment (should I choose to accept it) was to finish (well, actually start) the sketchbook project.  Oh, sure, sounds easy, huh?!  Not so much.  Do you know how scary it is to put the pen to paper and actually fill a moleskin book?  Hmm . . . I did my first two page drawing and then put the book aside for a month.  Did I have creative block?  Oh, no!  Well, it is now do or die time as the book must be postmarked by Jan 15.  I've given myself a drop dead date of Jan 9 as after that I will be working long hours and I'm pretty sure that I won't feel much like creating once I get home in the evening.  I'll try to get my envelopes out the door, but I may miss a day or two depending on how the year end close goes.  I know, sounds oh, so very exciting!  Can't wait!!

I'm pleased to announce that I am half-way through my 60+ page sketchbook and it has been very exciting and FUN and did I say SCARY???!!  This morning I woke up and realized that I have to give this book up in a couple weeks.  It seems a little unsettling, but I did pay for the digitizing so it'll be out there online for all to see.  (At least I think that's what I paid for!!)  I took a couple of pictures tonight so that I'd have something to blog about since my sewing machine is sitting there looking rather lonely.  I do plan to use it for some of the pages in this sketchbook so maybe tomorrow I'll take it out for a spin and see what lovelies I can turn out. 

So, without further ado, here are just a few of the pages I have managed to fill. Hope you like them.








Be sure to check back in the next few days as I'm going to have my first ever GIVEAWAY!!!  I know . . . very EXCITING!!!  Did you see the picture with all the fabric?  Well, some of it is going to be given away.  Okay, maybe a LOT of it!!!  Tomorrow I'll be taking stock of other assorted items that can be added and then I'll post pictures and see what happens.  So, be sure to come back and if you come back, be sure and tell all your friends to drop on over and participate.  Thanks!!

She's back!  After 7 weeks at the shop, I was told there was nothing wrong with it.  So, perhaps this will be a GIVEAWAY grand prize!!!  Okay, perhaps, not, but I'm tempted.

2 comments:

Jan Maree said...

good luck with the sketch book - good luck on gettin git finished but even more good luck on enjoyig to process coz that is part of it right?

Cheryll said...

I LoVe the bright colours you used on some of the pages Joyce. Your book is coming along nicely! Bernina will play nice now... you'll see! :)