Envelope Project

Thursday, October 28, 2010

My Little Chicadees

If you're wondering what all this doodling has to do with quilting, I thought I'd let you know.  I have a longarm machine and I'm always dreaming up ways to fill the space in my quilts.  Since I usually only have time to quilt on the weekends, my doodling is keeping my brain active and hopefully will come in handy when I have a quilt on the machine and I'm trying to get from one end to the other.  Whatever the outcome, it's all FUN!!

My envelope project is also a way for me to use up the stationery and cards, etc. that I've been collecting for years!  After designing the envelope of one of my earlier cards, I started to write a message to my Mom on the inside of the card.  I was totally surprised to find its sentiment to be "Happy Holidays"!!  I spoke with my Mom tonight and she was impressed with her first Christmas card of the season.  Usually, I'm late, but this year I managed to get my first card out 2.5 months early.  Yay me!

#25

No comments: