Envelope Project

Sunday, April 19, 2015

The Challenge Continues

It's been a most fun weekend.  I only wish there were more time left in it.  Heavy sigh.  We've had lots of wild weather here and I was fearful that the electricity would go out while I was sewing, but luckily it only went out when I was at work.  Yay!

Friday night (Day 10) I came home and promptly went to the studio and after a couple hours of trying (I swear I wasn't going to give up) I discovered my crocheting skills are no longer in my wheelhouse.  I will have to get my coworker to give me a refresher course!  I tried 3 different sized hooks and yarn and I could not make it work for me.  I don't remember it being that hard and laborious so I'm pretty sure I was doing something wrong.  You think??!!  So, that was the Friday night challenge.  Although there wasn't any tangible item to tout, I did spend a couple hours being creative while listening to creative podcasts.

Saturday (Day 11) was a bit more productive as it started with this:

 
A matching coaster to the one I made previously.  I used a bigger loom so I was able to make a larger coaster.  I'm sure these cuties aren't for everyone, but they make me incredibly happy.
 
Next up was scrappy goodness:
 
 front side
 
backside
 
This is a nice little placemat that looks so cute with the coasters I previously made.  This is also the fabric that was used for the apron that was previously posted.  I had a bunch of scraps that I cut into 2 1/2" x 2" (I know, I got confused . . . they were supposed to be 2" x 2" . . . oops!  I will make a matching placemat so the other coaster doesn't feel left out!
 
And then today (Day 11 12) included quilting 10 feet of fabric for my yoga bag collection.  I quilted 2 different pieces that were each 5' long.
 
 
 
And that, my friends, is how I got my craft on this weekend.  I also managed to run a few miles and cook some.  So far, so good on this 58 day journey.  What have you guys been up to?


No comments: