Envelope Project

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Challenge - Day 5

As promised my camera is back.  Yay!

Day 5 was a most productive day.  As many of you know, a few years back I purchased an inordinate amount of fabric from a woman who was closing up shop.  I bought the fabric sight unseen and even though it was very exciting receiving all of those boxes in the mail, it seems I have barely made a dent in my stash.  What the heck was I thinking??? . . .

 Day 5 included making more blocks for the scrap quilt
 
When this quilt is finished it will include a sample of most of the fabrics I purchased.
 
And since I will not be including this quilt in the giveaway, I will instead give away a generous amount of fabric.  This will be great for anyone who is making charity quilts.  Be sure to visit again in June when the giveaway is announced.  Of course, I hope you'll visit every day of this challenge, but I understand, we all get busy.  No worries.
 
And in case anyone forgot how much fabric I have, here's a little reminder.  Unfortunately this is not all of it!  Yikes!!
 

 


2 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

OMG - you could open you own store OR hold little classes where the students purchase fabrics for the class from your lovely stash.

PK Sews said...

Yikes indeed! But what fun! What a great idea to make a scrap quilt with sample of each of the fabrics. I usually remember where and when I got each of the fabrics in my stash, so it's fun to sew quilts or look at them and enjoy the memories surrounding that time. This quilt will certainly be a great reminder for you of the arrival of those exciting boxes!