Envelope Project

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Blast from the Past

My brother and I were talking a few weeks ago and reminiscing about all the dessert recipes our Mom and Dad used to make.  I promised him that I would go back in time and make some of these for him.  And what better day to bake than a rainy Saturday morning.

 
First up, I made what we called an "Informal Wedding Cake".  It was delicious!  And then I got out our aunt's caramel recipe.  We both remembered the smooth, creamy, melt-in-your-mouth treat.  I had made these yummy caramels before many years ago and I was very successful at it.  Today, however, the soft, chewy caramel was gone.  Since I no longer have my candy thermometer, I overcooked the caramel just a tad and it ended up being a hard caramel instead of a soft caramel.  No matter, the taste was still melt-in-your-mouth yumminess.  And I think my brother was pleased with his care package.
 
After our stroll down memory lane, I got busy with Day 18's project.
 


 
I'm thinking about changing my labels to the inside of the bags.  What do you think?
 


No comments: