Envelope Project

Thursday, January 1, 2009

A New Year

Today's the beginning of 2009. I'm barely awake, but I'm taking notice of all my firsts for this year. I've already won my first games of Minesweeper and FreeCell. I know, the important things! I'm getting ready to have my first jog of the year with doggie. Everything can be looked at with fresh eyes today. I hope that it can continue throughout the year.

Yesterday was a work holiday for me, but three of us went to work and stayed the entire day. My brother, J and my niece, A, came up with B. and had lunch with me. They then went shopping at First Colony Mall where my niece apparently had a really good time. I met up with them at 4 p.m. where we finished A's shopping at "The Bath Junkie". She mixed up two special flavors, one for her Mom and one for her brother's fiance, J. It was a lot of fun. We came home and walked the dog and then left again and went to D&J's and had a delicious grilled chicken and vegetables dinner. They went to Discovery Green to ice skate and ring in the new year, but I was beat and needed to come home. I know B. would have liked to have gone with them, but I was my usual stick-in-the-mud!!! The MS is tiring and sometimes it's hard for me to hang in there. I will try to do better this year.

2009 is going to be a busy year for us as there are at least two nephews and one niece getting married this year. I just found out that my sister's son, J, is getting married May 30, my niece, E is June 6 and my nephew D is sometime in the fall. There's also my nephew, T, who may be getting married this fall. They are engaged, but no date is set. Yikes! My sister says "that's a lot of wedding quilts to make!!!". Yes, that is. I don't know if I'll get any of them done. I need to work on G&E's quilt so it'll be ready to enter into the IQF this year. Maybe if it gets accepted, I can get my family to come down during the festival and see it hanging!!! That would be awesome.

Well, doggie's been patiently waiting for me, so I guess it's time to get our new year started. May everyone's year be blessed.

No comments: