Envelope Project

Friday, January 2, 2009

Skate Time


What a fun day it was today. I was at work doing my thing when my boss called me and told me to "go home"! How nice. It was only 9:15 a.m. and I was not wanted. Hmm . . . was a pink slip involved with this command??!! I said "oh, no, I'm here now; I'm staying". But then I realized that today was the last day I'd get to see my brother and niece so at 10 a.m. I was out the door. Yay!

It was off to the Galleria for some skating fun. Oh my. I haven't skated since before I had knee surgery which puts it in the pre-1990 era. After sitting on the sidelines for a good half hour, I decided I had to try. I just had to. So off to the ticket booth I went and down to the stinky skate rental place after that. Man, that place stunk!!! Anyway, I snapped the skates on and proceeded out to the rink. It was rocky and unsteady for the first lap around and then they called for everyone to clear the ice. Yay! I made it one round and I got a break - I got to sit down again. After we were allowed back out onto the ice, they had us reverse directions. Yikes. But, I kind of got the hang of it after awhile. I didn't fall - that was good. And I had fun out there. So, knock that off the list of things to do in 2009. I went ice skating after a good 20+ year layoff. Maybe I'll do it again before the year ends. Who knows?

Lunch was at Barnaby's on S. Shepherd with brother, niece, nephew and fiancee, and B. It's been a good day so far.

No comments: