Envelope Project

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Beginnings


Today is the beginning of the 4th day of January of the new year. It's always a season for beginnings. I'm working on my first quilt of 2009. It's going to be a scrap quilt made from the leftovers of E's quilt. I think that I'll keep this one and actually use it on our new leather couches. It'll be the perfect colors for the brown leather.

I've been up since 6 a.m. working on my transfer pricing stuff. I'd like to get it done, but I think that I will spend the day sewing instead. Too many things to accomplish. Doggie has been at my side all morning and he just informed me a few minutes ago that he wanted to do something different and go outside. While I was out there, this is what I discovered in the garden. Aren't they beautiful?!

Well, it's time to get the day started in earnest and go jogging with the dog. Yesterday B. joined us and we did a nice trek through Bellaire. Every day's an adventure. This is my month to run a 5k so I better get with it. I made it the 30 days with no soda and as much as I wanted one yesterday I did not give in. January is the no sugar month. That's ridiculous of course, but I'm going to try to cut out as much processed sugar as I can in my diet. Since I like sweets, I will start there and see what happens. Wish me luck.

No comments: