Envelope Project

Friday, January 23, 2009

Finally . . . A Day Off






Wow! What a month it has been. There is nothing easy about doing a year end tax accrual, but this year was especially tough for me. Yikes! I felt totally inept as a tax person. I was responsible for the three foreign tax accruals. Considering the fact that I've never done a foreign tax accrual and I seriously could not understand the model I was working with. It was a very bad combination. The time constraints in doing a tax accrual are a couple days so it was very hectic. Some days I felt like a complete idiot. Odd thing, though, I was confident enough to know that I am not an idiot and I felt almost like it was time for me to put up my mechanical pencil and calculator and start having fun with my fabric. It kept me going.

So, after a horrendous three week run, I had today off for my 9-80. Actually, my 9-80 is next Friday, but my co-worker could not take off today, so we traded weeks. I am preparing for my 5k run next weekend so today I ran 2.3 miles. On Sunday I will shoot for close to 3 miles. We'll see how it goes. My pants are fitting a little looser so I'm liking that! My nephew, D, is getting married June 13 and my niece, E, and another nephew, J, are both getting married on June 6. Too many weddings in such a short time. I'm trying to get slimmed down for a good wedding photo. Ha!

I spent a little bit of time today playing with my fabric. The new couch quilt is coming along nicely. What'dya think? Hopefully, I'll have it loaded on the longarm either tomorrow or Sunday. Yay! My first quilt of 2009. B has been busy building me this great thread cabinet. It'll hold an unbelievably large amount of spools or cones of thread. The shelves tilt so that the thread is easy to remove from the spindles. I love it!

No comments: