Envelope Project

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Fried Brains



This is my first year end with the new company and man, what a year end it has been. The brain starts out fresh each morning (well as fresh as it can be on less than 8 hours of sleep) and then by the time the day ends, the brain is fried. As the day winds down, it gets harder and harder to focus. All I want is to go home and yet I have not completed the task at hand. Such were the events of this past week. Due to time constraints and a lack of familiarity with the accrual models, it took me a long time to digest the intricacies of the model. I am still lost on some aspects of it and I am now going through the workpapers and referencing them and writing notes on what it all means. Each day I wonder what my life would have been like if I'd chosen an artistic path instead of the path I chose. I think that no matter what the job, some days are just going to be hard. It gets tough when those days turn into weeks, but I think I'm on the downside of the bad times now. Tomorrow is my 9-80, but I will be going into work. I don't plan on working hard, but I know that things can change in a heartbeat and I'll have to rev up the engine and go back into concentration mode. I haven't worked this hard in a long time, but I'm hoping that my efforts now will make life less painful next year.

Consequently I haven't been able to do any sewing this week. I did try out a new method over the weekend after watching an episode of Fons and Porter on Saturday morning. Joyce Drexler from Sulky demonstrated how to make scarves out of water soluble interfacing (?). I had some in my stash so I did a small sample piece to see how it would turn out. I love it. I want to make me a scarf for real this weekend. I will need to do a lot more sewing than what I did for my sample, but I'm up to the challenge.

No comments: