Envelope Project

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Time To Get Serious

I have tomorrow off and so I must shift into high gear and finish my projects. Thanksgiving is next week and I will be leaving on Wednesday. Consequently everything must be done by Tuesday evening. Actually, I could still do the hand sewing on the binding if I run out of time. It is a 10+ hour car trip so I should be able to get some stitch on.

In the next couple of days, I need to 1) make my brother's birthday card, 2) finish sewing the last 12" of the binding on his most beautiful quilt, 3) hand stitch the binding on my sis-in-law's quilt, 4) finish E's quilt (it still needs a back made, put on the longarm and quilted, make binding, sew down binding), 5) sew binding on another sis-in-law's quilt, 6) cut fabric for Thanksgiving day tablecloth, and 7) purchase fabric markers to write on tablecloth.

I was visiting the Craftsanity website a few days ago when I saw the video on the Thanksgiving crafts that was aired on a local MN show. The last thing they showed was the tablecloth. This got me to thinking. Hmm . . . There will be 30+ people at the festivities this year. Six of my siblings will be there along with their families, my Mom, cousins, aunts, uncles, etc. I want to lay out the fabric and pens and have everyone write a note of "thanks" or just random comments and then I will bring back to Houston and quilt it up. I will then ship back to my brother and SIL to have ready for next year's activities. Since my Mom and my SIL's Mom are either nearing 80 or in their 80's, I thought it'd be a great idea to get their thoughts down while we still have them with us. I'm excited about this project. I'm sure it'll turn out great!

No comments: