Envelope Project

Saturday, November 15, 2008

It's A Small World After All




Sometimes things happen that just prove how small the world really is. Back in the late 80's I moved to Boston and worked in a public accounting firm. Now I live in Texas and this week I picked up a file for a company we purchased and lo and behold the first thing I see is the letterhead from my old accounting firm. And then to my amazement the person who signed the return is someone I know. The funny thing is that I wasn't the one who was going to the work on this company. I volunteered to work on it as I was waiting on other information that was slow in getting to me. Chances are good that I would never have seen these particular files even if I was involved in prepping or reviewing the returns next year. Small world I tell you.

So, since I took I stroll down memory lane, I started googling people at the firm to find out where they were and what they were up to. I found quite a few of them and they are all doing well. Then I googled myself and I'm not out there yet! Hmm . . . I think that's a good thing!

Today's project was working on E's quilt. It's turning out beautifully and I think she will really like it. I better get my butt in gear and finish up some quilts. Thanksgiving is in less than two weeks and I'm off to see my relatives and hand out some quilts. I have three (maybe four) to give away this time and they all are in various stages of completing the binding. I better ramp it up this week.

No comments: