Envelope Project

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Scrappy Sunday



I missed the wedding in Kansas yesterday. I called one of my brothers last night at the reception and asked if they missed me. The siblings were all assembled sans me. It was 8 p.m. and I was just leaving work. Again, thank you Portland! It sounded like everyone was having a great time and this morning I woke up sad knowing that I missed yet another family occasion. I should have just not cared about my job and gone, but I have a responsibility that I don't take lightly. In the end does it really matter that I worked to get my job done on time? No. I should put family first. It's hard to be responsible . . . either way I would have felt guilty. Sorry M that I missed your wedding. I'm glad everyone else was in attendance.

Today was supposed to be my scrapbook/quilting day. Instead I have done relatively little in the way of being creative. I'm just glad that tomorrow I have the day off. And if Gustav hits us (which it's not supposed to) then I will also have Tuesday off. That would be nice, but if we don't have electricity, then not so much!

Well, I think it's time to get back to the table of creativity that awaits me!

No comments: