Envelope Project

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Girlfriend





Today's project included my new quilt that I designed while I was napping yesterday. I'm still working on it, but it's turning out okay so far. Tomorrow I have someone coming over to learn how to use my longarm machine. I met her over a year ago, but I didn't hear from her until Friday. Now I'm not so sure I want anyone else on my machine. It's sewing beautifully for me and since we both work full time, we'll be needing the machine at the same time. I think she only has a few quilts she needs quilted so I guess I can live with that.


I had a nice jog this evening after the rain came and went. Usually the rain would be followed by humidity, but tonight it was pleasant and I had to run without the doggie because his right paw is hurt right now. I took him out for a walk this morning and put the bootie on his left paw. I was commenting about how good he was walking when I noticed I had the bootie on the wrong foot. Oops. I got the bootie on the right foot for his afternoon walk. My bad.


Tomorrow morning is the spin class from hell. Just kidding Melanie. Your class is great, just really, really tough. I've been going to her class for over a year now. No results in body shape, but hey, I'm working on it. Last week I did her spin class and then took the dog for a jog. That was tough. I don't know how triathletes do it. Today I watched the women's Olympic marathon. There was no US contender, but I enjoyed watching the women run. Right after that was Dara Torres silver medal win and then another silver medal win in the relay. I think they said she's won 11 medals, but none of them gold. I'm not sure that's true. And then there was Michael Phelps' 8th gold medal win. That was awesome. He seems like a really nice kid too and the rest of the American team was very gracious.
Here's today's project. Enjoy.


No comments: