Envelope Project

Friday, August 15, 2008

Another Week Closer






Two more weeks until the Consolidated federal return and all state returns must be completed. Consequently, I went to work today on my Friday off. I really don't mind. This new job is a really good gig. I can't believe my good fortune to have found such a relaxing place to work. It's amazing. Of course, my dream job would be to stay home and create all day, but I wonder if I would have the discipline. I left work around 2 p.m. today and I took a nap, went jogging and designed a new quilt. I will work on the new quilt tomorrow. It's going to be an experiment, but as B says, all of my quilts so far are experiments and he wants to know when I'll get serious and do one for real. I think they will be experiments for the duration. My philosophy is that they do not need to be perfect; they just need to make me happy. And trust me, they do. We took pictures of some older and newer quilts tonight. I remember thinking when I finished some of the older quilts how excited I was about the stitching. Now I look at them and think, "oh my goodness", but I still enjoy seeing them. Some of them will be donation quilts especially the ones where the bobbin threads have major problems. All I can say is that they keep getting better and better.


No comments: