Envelope Project

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Butterflies Are Free

Today I finished the butterfly quilt and took it off of the longarm machine. It turned out beautifully. I still need to bind it so maybe I can get motivated tomorrow to make some binding. This morning I watched the PBS show with Pokey Bolton and I learned a new technique that I'd like to try out tomorrow. It looks really cool, but I'm not sure if it's for use with a functional quilt or if it's only for an art quilt. We'll soon find out.

I just finished walking with doggie and I ran into my neighbors and so I walked with them and their dog. She is also a quilter and has a couple of projects that she may bring over for me (or her) to longarm when she's through piecing. It's been a good weekend so far. B was in Galveston Friday and today with a college buddy. Tomorrow I will do my spin class and then I will jump back onto the quilting bandwagon. The crowds go wild!! It's fun to be creative! I also started reading a new novel today so I am keeping busy. I will post pictures of my butterfly quilt hopefully tomorrow. Until then . . .

No comments: