Envelope Project

Monday, March 12, 2012

Rock-a-bye Baby

Last weekend my niece gave birth to my grand nephew and is he ever the most beautiful and precious little boy.  He came five weeks early and weighed a whopping 3 lbs, 11 oz.  He currently weighs 3 lbs, 12 oz.  Yesterday I spent the afternoon and early evening with him and his parents let me hold him the entire time.  It's amazing how wonderful life is when you're holding a baby and seeing the miracle of his birth.  I love this little guy.

After he surprised us all last weekend, I immediately went home from the hospital and started cutting out a quilt.  I thought I had another 5 weeks to get one made.  Uh, . . .  no.  I decided to use the sweet fabric I purchased from Creative Thursday and when all was said and done, I was two blocks short of making the design I wanted.  So around midnight I was on the computer ordering fabric!! 

These were my options:
 This was my original design, but I ran out of the blue fabric with words on it.

So, I mixed it up and came up with this option, but I thought the spinning stars got lost in the design; hence the trip to the cyber mall for more fabric.  I'm good to go now as the fabric came last week and I purchased enough for a few more quilts and the backing, etc.  Silly me!

After failing at my first attempt to get a quilt made, the next morning I was up and at it again.  This is the quilt I made.  It just needs some binding and burying of threads and it's good to go.  It's bright and colorful and I think the little guy will like it!

 front
back

Then there were some envelopes that were calling my name:

I also worked on a reconstruction project.  My coworker gave me a pair of her son's ripped jeans and I'm refashioning them.  I'm really liking the results and when it's complete I'll post some pictures.

Hope everyone ENJOYed their sewing weekend!

3 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh, reminds me of my 3 premies! How precious. Love the quilt you dug your heals into.

Jan-Maree said...

That quilt is almost as gorgeous and happy as your face looks while you hold that precious bub!

donna said...

Joyce he is just precious. Such a sweet baby boy. You have done a great job on his quilt.
Hugs
donna