Envelope Project

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Spring is in the Air!

It seems Mr. Groundhog is confused.  We were supposed to have an additional six weeks of winter, but instead we have had our air conditioning running for a month now.  What's up with that?  This is what is in my front garden right now:


The morning began with a nice 5k run in Bellaire, TX with 600 other runners and walkers.  It was a great morning for a run albeit a little warm for March.

After the run I found myself in the sewing room, but my watercolors were taunting me and I couldn't help myself, I had to paint these girls:


Usually this is my sewing sidekick:
But today he did double duty as my painting assistant.  Too cute, right?!!  He likes it when I hang out in this room.  He doesn't really care what the activity is as long as I open the door and he can hang out and nap.  It's a dog's life!

And so tomorrow, if the stars align properly, I will be in the sewing room . . . sewing.  I promised the dog, so I better keep my promise!  Although tomorrow is April Fool's Day . . . hmm . . . I wonder if he'd understand??!!


2 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

We have had a roller coaster of weather, cold to warm to cold - today it snowed! I knew Mother Nature would have the last laugh.

Jan Maree said...

I think the weather is crazy the world over this year. LOVE the dog! Give him a good scratch from me. What is his name?