Envelope Project

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

So Many Ideas

I wonder if it's a good idea, late at night, to scheme up a business plan that includes staying home and being a creative type 24-7??!!  Yeah, I know, probably not a good idea, right?  I mean, the mortgage still needs to be paid , groceries need to be bought and electricity might be a handy, dandy thing to have if I want to fire up the sewing machines!!  But, still, sometimes, it's nice to dream.

So, in my parallel universe that takes place while I'm on my 8 hour nap each night, I am the spunky, witty, charming creative type who's living the dream.  (I'm pretty sure I need to stop listening to creative podcasts while I'm at work.  Talk about a downer!!)

And we're back . . . to reality . . . and this is what I did at work today.  Shh, don't tell!!







Okay, maybe a couple of these I did before today. 


I'm almost through reading this book and trust me, if Sister Madonna wasn't a nun, I'd think she was exagerating part of the tale.  But, I did find something useful to help me in my running.  One of her tricks to keep her mind occupied during the run portion of her triathlons is to write haiku.  I've written several on my runs, but I swear I cannot remember them when I get home.  Well, usually I remember them enough to repeat to myself, but then I don't write them down and then poof, they're gone.  Well, I'm trying to write them down now so I'm incorporating them into my envelope project.  Kill two birds, blah, blah.

And last, but not least, here's the latest installment of the pillowcase project:


Here's the first dozen.  I hope to make at least another couple dozen. 

Okay, it's late, but before I can go live the creative life in my parallel universe, I've discovered a triathlon on Universal Sports and I must go watch.  I'm guessing there'll be some yawning at work tomorrow!!

2 comments:

Jan Maree said...

Great drawings and great pillowcases. Wouldn't it be lovely if we could just sew and create all day and not have our creative time interrupted by life!

donna said...

Joyce I am right there with you in your dream. I love your drawings and your pillows cases are wonderful. Sounds like work is easier? See you Tuesday for lunch.
Hugs
donna