Envelope Project

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Another Scorcher!




Oh my goodness. This morning's run was tough. We started in front of the Wortham Theatre and ran down Memorial Drive and then turned around and ran back on the other side of the road. The only problem was there was no shade and it was HOT! I'm not saying it was HOT because I'm a wimp, it really was HOT!! B and I got there at 7:30. My 5k didn't start until 8:30 a.m. so we walked around and then waited until it was time to run. At 7:30 a.m. it was 79 degrees. When I finished the race it was 91 degrees. It was uncomfortable but when it was all over I must admit that I was glad I did it and I wish that my time was better and that I had received my first medal. It wasn't to be though. There were 5 other people in my age category that finished in front of me. I have no idea how many finished behind me, but I don't think it was many. It was the 1st annual Tortoise and Hair 5k in Houston. The charity was the Alopecia Areata foundation and it was a good crowd. I think there were about 450 people this morning so I'm sure next year will be a bigger crowd. My suggestion is to have the race in the fall or at 6:30 in the morning. My two cents . . . !!

So, B and I went out for our post race breakfast at La Madeleine. I had the French toast this morning and it was delicious!!! All that fruit masking the richness of the toast. I hope it wasn't too fattening! Yummy!

Well, it's off to the sewing machine now. I've had my post race nap and now I must get moving again. Oh, maybe I better seek out my July run while I'm still on the computer. Okay, until next time my feet hit the pavement I'm still dreaming that I run with ease and the medals are stacking up. Hey, I can dream, can't I??!!

No comments: