Envelope Project

Friday, February 27, 2009

Mind Wanderings

I imagine a different life when I lay my head on the pillow. Last night I worked on designing a dress or rather a couple of dresses for the weddings I have to go to this summer. It's nice to dream in designs. In reality I haven't sewn any clothes in a very long time. I'm preoccupied right now with quilts and for a short time I made purses. But, sometime this year, I may actually sew a dress or two or at least a jacket. It'll be fun.

Today's task at hand was to trim up my couch quilt and make binding. My cutting table, however, was a mess so I changed my strategy and decided that I would trim the quilt once I got all of the leftover scraps off the table. I decided that instead of piling them up somewhere, I would work on a scrap quilt. So here's today's project in progress. I think it's turning out nicely. Tomorrow I will hopefully get to the trimming and binding.

Tomorrow is the last day of February and so I decided that today I would do my 3 mile run. I made it, but I didn't improve any on my time. Oh, well. I will try to do better on my March run which will be at Reliant Stadium. I'm looking forward to it. I keep thinking that three miles really isn't that far, but when you're running it alone, it's a long way!!!

No comments: