Envelope Project

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Mini Vacation





Yesterday was my 9-80 and Monday we celebrate President's Day holiday. I don't think that I've ever had President's day off in my entire career, but I'm not complaining. It's nice to have a little mini vacation. Unfortunately, B. is sick. He woke up in the early morning hours with a sore throat and he's pretty much down for the count. Poor guy. It's Valentine's day also and he's so sweet. I, of course, am not a romantic and so I failed to even get B. a card. Wow, when I write it down, I sound totally pathetic. I better work on that.

I finished piecing the couch quilt today and then I loaded it on the longarm and voila, I'm quilting it. It's a rather large quilt: 110" x 70. The quilting is turning out nicely and knock on wood, it will continue to quilt tomorrow without any thread breakages or thread bird's nesting. Right now, it's doing really well.

When I lived in Boston, there used to be a chocolate place in Faneuil Hall that sold chocolate covered potato chips. Most people say "yuck" when I tell them how good they are, but seriously they are delicious. It's the whole sweet and salty combination that gets the taste buds going. Anyway, this morning I set about replicating my experience with chocolate covered potato chips. Granted they need work in the presentation, but overall, they are very tasty.

No comments: