Envelope Project

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Oddities


Let's just say that I just spent a week in Portland, Oregon. If not for reconnecting with my friend, L, after 15+ years, it would have been a totally disastrous trip. I was very happy to touch down on Texas soil and be back among the friendly folk. I wanted to fall in love with Portland and imagine myself moving there. B was able to go with me on my work trip and he was able to enjoy the scenery, but he too felt the coldness of the people. I had it worse as I was working with some very uncooperative coworkers who've never heard of the words "hello" or "thanks". Alas, the trip is over and I miss not seeing my friend. I hope to go back when I don't have to deal with my fellow workers. Yikes, that was painful!!!

Here's a sketch of my latest quilt. By the time it is completed it will probably have evolved into something totally different than what I am imagining right now. But I think the basics will remain the same.

I need to get some sleep. I'm having a hard time adjusting back to CDT.

No comments: