Envelope Project

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Cat's Meow




Tada! This is B's first original quilt design! He designed and cut all the pieces out. I pieced the quilt and today I quilted it on the longarm machine. I think it turned out great. Yesterday I appliqued the two cats and felted the yarn in between the two. The quilt is a little heavier than usual due to the denim that was used. I will add the binding and then B will practice his slip stitch and sew the binding down on the backside. Stay tuned. I've loaded the next quilt (dog quilt) on the long arm and it's ready for me to start the magic!

I only have to work two days this week and then I am off on vacation. Yay! I'm headed off to the International Quilt Festival here in Houston so the only traveling I'll be doing is downtown which is only 10 miles away. It doesn't look like I'll make it to Quilt Market as I can't figure out how to get a ticket to get in. Oh, well. Next year. I've spent too much this year anyway.

Doggie and I did a two mile jog this morning and then took several long walks today. It's gorgeous here in "H" town. If only this weather could last. Forecast for later on this week is rain. Yippee!

No comments: