Envelope Project

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Embellished



I think I'll call the quilt finished. I just finished sewing on the jewels and embellishing with crystals. What do you think . . . good enough for Houston?!! If I don't get my other quilt finished by May 26, I think I'll submit this one for entry into the 2010 Houston International Quilt Festival.

My vacation is almost over and in two days I'll be back at the desk. Actually on Monday I'll be at tax school and we know what a joy that is!! But, I still have 1.5 days to keep on going. In seven days, I have finished one of the cousins' quilts, finished the art quilt and put together the Conoco 10k run scrap book. And, oh, yeah, traveled to OKC and ran a half marathon. I can't believe that was just 6 days ago. Wow! I also bought a cheap Singer sewing machine that was recommended at one of the sewing studio sites that I visited. It was on sale for $69 and now I'm going to go and see if it is worth keeping. The girl who runs the sewing studio has equipped her studio with this machine only. Not quite like my Bernina I'm sure, but I'm willing to give it a try. I keep dreaming that one day I'll have my own sewing studio, but for now I'll just keep acquiring my fabric, knick knacks and learning new skills. Next up: making binding for Cousin #2 quilt. I have my OKC scrapbook to put together and then I'm free to work on my quilt for Houston. Hmm . . . what kind of quilt is that, you ask. Well, it's another art quilt, but this time it's not abstract. Stay tuned . . . I'll be trying new techniques on this one. Wish me luck.

No comments: