Envelope Project

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Oops . . . I Forgot The Title!

My niece brought me this sticker for my car and I'm loving it!  So far I've run 5 half marathons and that makes me happy!

My little brain is always thinking up interesting things so yesterday I made these:
I was going to add popsicle sticks for their legs, but I haven't done that yet.  The idea was to make bookmarks.  The one on the left is open at the bottom and B-guy thinks I should leave them that way and they could be finger puppets.  I was really interested in the process.  Instead of using paints I tested six different brands of markers to see which ones would bleed once water was introduced into the equation.  Three of the six brands were doable.  I used fabric that was made specifically to be painted as it has a paper backing on it.  Then I drew the "girls" in pencil and used my markers to color in the details.  I layered batting and backing and sewed around them and then cut them out.  I like them, but I know I can do better.  Stay tuned. . .

This was last weekend's project.  It just needs some binding added to it.  It's all about the scraps!!  I was in a hurry to quilt this guy as I liked doing the random straight line quilting.  It looks good in person.



And this was tonight's project.  Another "use up the scraps" project.  I think it'll turn out okay.  I'm putting green squares in the corners.  I didn't know what I was going to make when I started sewing the blocks together so I'm not exactly putting this quilt together the easiest way.  It's okay though; I don't let the quilt police in my home!!


All righty, then, let's just get out there and keep on sewing!!  ENJOY!!

2 comments:

Jan Maree said...

your finger puppet bookmarks are cute and I am loving your scrap buster quilts! Great idea!

Cheryll said...

Love using scraps..yeah!!
No police or judges in my house either! :)