Envelope Project

Monday, May 9, 2011

Another Weekend Spent

It's Monday.  I'm not ready. 

I'm participating in Cheryll's Santa Sack swap and so on Saturday I sewed up the sack part of the swap.  Unfortunately I cannot post pictures.  Bummer.  It's really nice though and I'm very pleased with it.  

Last Sunday I ran the Wichita Half Marathon and I set a PR.  The weather was cold, overcast and windy.  The beauty about running is that even when the spectators are bundled in coats and blankets, the runners are still out there in shorts and technical tees and it doesn't really feel cold.  Except for the North winds, the weather was perfect.  We ran along the Arkansas river bank and the family was there to greet us at miles 5 and 8.  It was a great run and it was so nice to share it with family.  Of course, now that the run is over, I hurt my neck this week and I only got one run in and a 22 lap swim at the pool.  It's always something, huh?!!  I'm back in training, though, as I signed up for a triathlon in 4 weeks.  I must be mad as it's on my birthday and I actually consider this a present to myself!!  Yikes!!

2 comments:

donna said...

Wow. I am glad you had a wonderful run. I bet the scenery was goergous.

Diana and LaDonna said...

Congratulations on your PR!

LaDonna