Envelope Project

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

These are the fruits of my "labor" this weekend.  On Saturday I quilted the scrap baby quilt and then started another pillowcase dress.  (I don't actually use pillowcases as I'm working on the stash reduction project so I'm grabbing from my stash.)  Today I finished the little girl dress and tomorrow I'll find something else creative to do. 

Tax season is almost over and now it's time to make the final push in gearing up for my first ever sprint triathlon.  Yesterday morning I ran 3.6 miles and then in the afternoon I swam 41 laps in a 25 meter pool.  It felt good.  I'm pretty sure the swimming and biking will both be good.  My open water swim will be the equivalent of 11 laps in the pool and the bike is a 10 miler.  I just can't get my head around the running.  Oh, I can run . . . I just can't run fast.  I blame it on the 4 knee surgeries from my past . . . the pounding on them, blah, blah, blah, but I think I'm just afraid of going fast!!!  When I run, I'm not thinking about the 5k I'll be doing in the triathlon; I'm thinking about the 13.1 miles I'll be doing in January 2011.  Yes, my crazy family and I put our names in the Houston lottery and our team won spots in the 2011 Aramco Half Marathon.  In January of this year, my brother and I ran the Houston Half and then we went to OKC and I ran the half and my brother ran the marathon.  So, I know I can do it, but I want to do it better.  My  focus will now be on running, running, running.  Oh, and I guess I'll give a little of my attention to my job.  Yeah, maybe I ought to not neglect that!!  Oh, but I just want to sew and run!!!

No comments: