Envelope Project

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Choices: Sew or Swim; Swim or Sew???

When I woke up at a little bit before 4 a.m. this morning, I debated with myself on whether I would go to the pool and swim some laps or if I would sleep a little longer and then get up and sew before I had to go to work.  Well, if I think long enough about the exercise I know that that is the choice I must make so I was up, dressed and out the door.  Ten minutes later I was exiting the gym and heading back home.  I know, you're thinking "wow, you're a fast swimmer!", but in reality my gym had a sign posted telling me the pool was closed.  What??!!!  This isn't the first time I've shown up and the pool has been closed for repairs.  I'm down to my last four weeks of training before my first ever triathlon so I need my swimming sessions.  Luckily, this is a sprint tri and I feel confident I can swim the thing even if I don't have a chance to get in the pool again.

So, back home I went and opened up the studio (you know, the spare room we all use, but in our minds it's a 2,000 square foot space with lovely natural lighting!) and cranked up the 'ole sewing machine.  She was purring like a kitten this morning as I finished sewing my scrap piece (another woven beauty) and then cut it into four quadrants and had just enough time to free motion quilt 2 of the 4 pieces.  And now, unfortunately, I have to say goodbye to the sewing and head off to work.  Bye Bernina!  I'll see you in a few . . .   

1 comment:

Cheryll said...

I cannot believe someone actually gets up at 4.00am unless it's a MuSt. You deserve to be fit... goodonya !
:)