Envelope Project

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Quilt Season





I had this idea months ago to make a quilt to submit to the 2008 Houston International Quilt festival. I have been working on the execution of this quilt since then and it has turned out to be quite a challenge. I could have made it much easier, but then it wouldn't have been as dimensional as it is. The base is constructed and I will load it onto the longarm machine and quilt it. When that is finished I will add the woman and the pillows and various other items to the bed. It's not as good as I had envisioned, but I think that for a first effort at something different and unique, it is totally acceptable.

Work has been unbearably hard the last few weeks. It is not the work that is hard (although sometimes it is!), but rather my attitude has changed toward my job and that makes me somewhat sad. My initial reaction to the mess the new guy has created was to show my indignation by contacting my headhunter and to start looking for a different job. There are jobs out there. I just don't know if I have it in me to start over again. I'm in a quandary. It will all work itself out in time, so for now I've decided to quit stressing and just do my job. New boss be damned!

It's a gorgeous Easter weekend. B finished mortaring the patio and sidewalk this afternoon. I'll take pictures tomorrow when there is better lighting outside. We are going to my cousin's for Easter dinner and to do her tax return. I did mine over a month ago, but finally sent it in last week. Oops. I have taken a day of vacation on Monday and I plan on continuing my quilting adventure. Yay!

No comments: