Envelope Project

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Creativity

For anyone in the quilting world who hasn't heard of Sharon Schamber, I am giving her my endorsement. Of course, she doesn't need an endorsement from me, but let me just say that she is one of the most talented people I've met. I recently joined her network and I've been watching her teaching videos. She is the most giving person imparting her knowledge and sharing her skill sets. I get incredibly pumped when I'm watching one of her videos and I'm looking forward to attempting some of her techniques. I feel that with enough practice, I will become a better quilter and a better longarmer. Yay! Now if I could just dump the day job!

In two weeks B and I are off on our 150 mile trek to Austin, TX on our bicycles. We plan on doing a bike ride this weekend in Brenham and hopefully we'll get some practice on the hills. I feel pressure to do well on this ride as we raise money for the National MS Society. I feel an obligation to bicycle the entire route (with a modified starting point). I'm afraid that if I don't succeed then I will have failed in fulfilling my obligation to my sponsors. Of course, that is hogwash as the contributions should not be made because I'm riding a bike, but rather because the person supports my charity.

Tomorrow's another day so I better get a start on the sleep thing!

No comments: