Envelope Project

Thursday, February 6, 2020

Checking In . . .

How did I fare on January's goals . . .

I nailed my goal to exercise at least 5 times a week.  The only days I didn't work out were the 4 days of the Houston Half Marathon weekend when my family was in town to run.  I upped my exercise goal to 2 hours a day.  I mostly succeeded on that also.

How did January end up in the sewing department?  Well, I made 42 items.  There was one reusable grocery bag, 4 zippered pouches, 1 wallet, 13 bucket bags, 1 adult hoodie, 1 kiddo hoodie and 21 doll clothes for an 18" doll.  I sewed on 22 of the 31 days in January.  My great niece asked me if I would make her dolls some clothes and that's what started the doll clothes sewing frenzy.  I had no idea it would be so much fun and that I couldn't stop.  Sewing small is a little tricky, but I'm enjoying the heck out of it.  Instead of using Velcro, I am using zippers in the dresses and hooks and eyes in the tops.  The pants are all elastic waists.  I'm totally scrap busting on these projects.  Whoop Whoop!!









What's been going on in February so far . . .

I'm still maintaining my exercise goal.  I've been trying new classes and one of the classes this week  kicked my butt.  Muscles ache but I'm still getting after it.

I've made 3 doll outfits and one woman's top so far this month. I downloaded the pdf top pattern, Sabalito from Itch to Stitch and I made it yesterday out of blue polka dot linen blend fabric.  The pattern calls for woven fabrics, but I think the linen blend fabric is too stiff.  There is a ton of ease in this pattern so I may size down and make the next one out of knit fabric.  We'll see.

Have you guys heard of NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month)?  It takes place in November each year and it's where participants attempt to write 50,000 words in one month.  Well, I got to thinking why does it have to be in November for me?  I'm not working; I've got time; I like to write . . . hey, why don't I write a book in February??!!  And so, that's become one of my February goals.  I'm writing a research non-fiction book so it should totally be doable.  It will not be 50,000 words as I'm trying to make this an easy-to-use reference guide.  Stay tuned . . .

So, how's it going in your creative world these days?  Hope everyone is crafting away!

Happy sewing!

No comments: