Envelope Project

Sunday, April 27, 2014

As Promised

Well, okay, perhaps my meaning of "posthaste" was a little bit more liberal than I meant it to be!  But, as promised I give you some pictures of the wonderful quilting my friend, Donna, did for me.



 






 
Now, I just need to find some time to bind these quilts.  Anyone??!!
 
I have the sweetest new great niece that blessed us with her presence in April.  I'm not sure how she feels about polka dots, but here's the first of many quilts (I'm sure) that I'll make for her.
 

I bought a new die cut for the GO machine and thought I'd give it a "go" with this quilt!
  
Tonight's project is hand sewing the binding to the back of this quilt.  Not to ruin the theme of the quilt, the backside is all polka dots and the binding is made of the scrap polka dot material.  Too much??  Hopefully it'll be cute.  If not, I'll start working on the next one soon.  And yes, I may be using that word liberally also.  Unfortunately I have a "real" job.  Ugh!  I've been threatening to take one of my sewing machines to work and set it up in the back conference room.  Do you think anyone would mind?!!

And last, but not least . . . another apron.  It's a perfect project for when there is very little time, but instant gratification is a must.  Again, this material is from the "Scrumptious" line of fabrics that my friend, Donna sells in her store. 

1 comment:

donna said...

You are so sweet. I am so happy you like your quilts. Oh my gosh the apron is so cute. You have done a great job.
Hugs
donna