Envelope Project

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Supporting Fellow Artists/Crafters

I have this thing about the written word . . . I love it!  And I love how people are so creative.  I've been searching out zines that interest me and I'm purchasing them.  My collection is small right now; today's arrival makes my sixth one.  You'll have to check out torta gialia for her crafty goodness.  I found this zine "pensieri" (thoughts in Italian) in her Etsy shop. The zine is brilliantly made out of an envelope and various and sundry items are attached throughout.  The pocket at the back is filled with scraps to incorporate into a journaling project.  I haven't finished reading the zine yet, but I am intrigued by the creative way it was put together.  In 2011 I'm trying to purchase smaller items to help the independent artists out.  We'll see what I end up with by year's end.  Should be exciting!




 And speaking of books . . . my Sketchbook Project moleskin book was mailed today.  It goes on exhibit beginning in February and will be in Austin, TX in March.  Hopefully I will make it over there to see the exhibit.  There's some insane number of sketchbooks that are in the exhibit.  Mine will be digital at some point.  It's not my best work, but it was FUN (and stressful) and I'm glad I undertook the challenge.  Next up . . . ???  Oh, yeah, I have the half marathon in less than two weeks.  I'm feeling good!!

1 comment:

John'aLee said...

Great post. I just did a post this last week opening up my sketchbooks for all to see. Kind of left me feeling raw....asking myself if I really should have done that. But people seemed to be inspired by my 'mess' so I'm glad I did.
Love following your blog.