Envelope Project

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Conflict & Resolution







It's been awhile. I've had some issues at work and I'm trying to get my head around the problem and whether or not I can live with staying there and working through the issues. I still enjoy my job, but it's the new tax director that I really cannot stand. The mere sound of his voice makes me want to yell "shut up!". I don't think I can stay at this job much longer. Too stressful. Lots of shot reactions in the morning again. I'm sure it's due to stress. I go to work feeling crappy when this happens and then the day just goes downhill from there. I'm trying to figure out why I despise this man so much. I think the fact that he gives me no credibility and has chosen to ignore me in any managerial capacity is what really irks me. Prior to his employment I was part of the management team. Now I'm just a person doing work. Why bother with a title? Why bother going to work??? B and I went to spin class twice this week at 5:30 a.m. Ouch! I was hoping it would make my days be less stressful. I'm not sure that happened, but I did feel better after working out.

So it's the weekend and I've been designing another quilt. I finished marking it this evening and tomorrow I will load it on the longarm machine and start the quilting process. I'm really excited about this quilt and I hope that it turns out as nicely as I'm envisioning. I've posted pictures of my latest practice project. It turned out awesome and if I don't finish my new quilt in time, I may submit this quilt to the festival and see if it gets accepted. The back of the quilt is the light pink/darker pink fabric.

No comments: