Envelope Project

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Countdown to Austin




Today was probably my last spin class before the bike ride to Austin next weekend. I hope that the last seven months of cycling like a maniac in spin plus the few road rides that B and I did will be enough to get us to Austin. Actually, I'm looking forward to this year's bike ride. I'm not the best rider out there, but I feel good and I have a pretty darn amazing bike that I'm pretty sure will get me there. We have a plan and next weekend will be time for the execution!

I took the art quilt off of the longarm today, which means that I finished the final quilting of it. Now I have to add the elements that is making this quilt an "art" quilt. The next one will be better, but I had fun quilting this one.

Doggie turns 10 this week. Happy birthday, Doggie! If my Dad were still here, he would have turned 83 this week. Happy Birthday, Dad. It's birthday season as we have quite a few birthdays in April, May, June, July, August, September, October and one in November. If you haven't guessed, I have quite a large family. It's great!

Well, it's Sunday evening . . . AGAIN . . . and I so don't want it to be over. It's been a very long time since I've dreaded going to work, but that feeling is back and I'm not happy about it. I keep thinking maybe I could take a leave of absence or somehow talk my doctor into getting on board with a disability waiver. I do have a disability, but it doesn't prevent me from doing my job and I've only told one person in my department about it. Of course, I have no idea if he's told anyone or not. Probably. Oh, well. Tomorrow comes too soon.

No comments: