Envelope Project

Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Wow!  It's been awhile hasn't it?  I took a break from blogging, but I did not take a break from creating.  That would be crazy talk!

I have made so many things and recently I took up garment sewing again.  Whoo Hoo!  I had forgotten how much fun sewing clothes was.  And so, I went a wee bit overboard and tracked down free patterns and bought a few patterns, used some fabric I already owned and then bought more fabric because you know, it's just too much fun not to!  I was obsessed with just sewing for the sheer joy and pleasure of sewing.  I made a lot of garments in a few short months.  (It's now a year and half later since I wrote this and I've made a LOT of clothes and bought a LOT of fabric!!)

I got hooked on You Tube videos with the Me Made Movement and I know, it sounds crazy, but watching people unbox fabric and model clothes they've sewn is unbelievably fun.  Who knew??!!
I'm not especially interested in the nitty, gritty details of EVERY little thing on a garment and I have to fast forward and just look at the pretty stuff.  "Too Many Words" is my motto with some of these people, but it's still fun to look at all the lovelies that they make.

I've walked away from my working world and it feels good.  Well, I'm sure it will feel good once I get over being sick and can actually appreciate the fact that I no longer have to commute to my job and tolerate the ineptitude and laziness of certain coworkers.  Is it just me that wants people to do a good job or at least try?  Is the new norm really all this laziness I see with no one even trying?  It was definitely time for me to go.

So, what's the plan, you ask?  Well, maybe you didn't ask, but I'm here to spill.  My immediate plan after leaving was to get busy with the new exercise program.  I'm still rehabbing my knee after surgery a year ago.  It's been an unbelievably long and painful recovery.  So, needless to say, there were a couple pounds put on and now it's time to get back to business . . . which would be great if I were feeling well, but alas, I am sick.  On the mend, though.  Fingers crossed.

And there will be plenty of creating.  I feel like all the boring corporate tax stuff in my brain just needs to step aside and make room for all of the creative stuff that's muscling for space.  In the past I've had to keep it at bay, but no longer.  I have made lists (who doesn't love a good list or two . . . or three) and I'm going to conquer the fun!

Stay tuned and let's enjoy this new journey together, shall we?

No comments: