Envelope Project

Friday, November 7, 2014

All Kinds of Yumminess!

Quilt Market changed their requirements this year and I had to scramble to get my company's, Ogmo Designs, application ready.  The deadline was October 3 for credentials to be mailed.  My first time on the site trying to register was a bust, but a phone call the next day had me up and running again.  The tickets arrived in the mail (albeit to the wrong address) and I was ready to go.
Donna and I spent Friday at Schoolhouse.  The classes were either 15 or 30 minutes long and usually there were freebies involved.  I have to say, we had quite the success in amassing little things of beauty.

Friday night we went to Sample Spree.  I resisted the urge to buy one of everything and I ended up with a fat quarter pack from Lecien. 

 
 

and some fabric from ?? (The bag's label says "Quilt Gate".) 

This is the cute little bag that was given out with the purchase of 10 fat quarters.  So sweet.  The bag is lined in gingham check.

Holly from Lakehouse Designs gave us some freebies on Saturday.  Her fabric is so FUN!

So, now it's time to start whipping up some creative magic!  I made this little quilt out of a charm pack.  Those are my go-to items when I want some instant gratification and I'm not up to the challenge of cutting.  This little puppy was made in a few hours.  I think the back takes longer than the front on these small quilts.  I did some simple line quilting and voila, another quilt ready for binding.
 front of quilt
 back of quilt
And these little guys are so much fun to make.  My project for the next couple months is to make as many of these as I can and then I will take them to the hospital for the holidays for the kiddos. 

All in all, I would say Quilt Market was a success.  I'd like to say I spent very little money, but I forgot that I bought fabric and labels.  And best of all, I got the call yesterday that my fabric shipped yesterday!  Yippee!!  I forgot to ask how long it'll take to get here, but I'm ready people.  All kinds of prettiness is coming my way!  Enjoy your weekend!

No comments: