This past week brought the arrival of the new laptop! Yay! B-guy is busy installing all of the software, etc. and we are almost up and running again.
It's been a crazy few weeks with a hectic work schedule and lots of stress. But, not to worry, I finally found time to sew a little bit and this is what I came up with:
These aprons and potholders make me happy. I was looking for fast, easy projects that would use up some of my stash and I whipped these puppies out. If anyone knows of a place that needs donated aprons, let me know.
Yesterday, B-guy and I spent the better part of the morning taking the longarm machine apart and trying to figure out the fraying thread problem. Okay, I spent most of the morning watching the home renovation shows while B-guy got all of his tools out and had a little look-see at the machine. Yesterday afternoon I put some fabric on it for a test and it purred like a kitten. No thread breakage and only one small problem now . . . it doesn't like traveling from bottom to top. Hmm . . . well, it was a practice piece of material and I think I'll save that problem for another day.
In addition, I finished longarming a small quilt (this was done when I had the thread breakage issue so there are lots of threads to bury . . .ugh!) and I am almost through hand sewing the binding down. I'll post a picture when it's through. I also finished another small quilt today, but I failed to take any pictures. Oops.
So, I hope to do a bit more sewing in the near future. This week will be another hard one at work, but hopefully in a couple weeks things will get back to normal and I can relax and get back to the creative side of things. Ahh, sounds good. Until then . . .