Envelope Project

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Fun Times!

This past week brought the arrival of the new laptop!  Yay!  B-guy is busy installing all of the software, etc. and we are almost up and running again. 

It's been a crazy few weeks with a hectic work schedule and lots of stress.  But, not to worry, I finally found time to sew a little bit and this is what I came up with:
 

These aprons and potholders make me happy.  I was looking for fast, easy projects that would use up some of my stash and I whipped these puppies out.  If anyone knows of a place that needs donated aprons, let me know.

Yesterday, B-guy and I spent the better part of the morning taking the longarm machine apart and trying to figure out the fraying thread problem.  Okay, I spent most of the morning watching the home renovation shows while B-guy got all of his tools out and had a little look-see at the machine.  Yesterday afternoon I put some fabric on it for a test and it purred like a kitten.  No thread breakage and only one small problem now . . . it doesn't like traveling from bottom to top.  Hmm . . . well, it was a practice piece of material and I think I'll save that problem for another day.

In addition, I finished longarming a small quilt (this was done when I had the thread breakage issue so there are lots of threads to bury . . .ugh!) and I am almost through hand sewing the binding down.  I'll post a picture when it's through.  I also finished another small quilt today, but I failed to take any pictures.  Oops.

So, I hope to do a bit more sewing in the near future.  This week will be another hard one at work, but hopefully in a couple weeks things will get back to normal and I can relax and get back to the creative side of things.  Ahh, sounds good.  Until then . . .


2 comments:

Jan Maree said...

cute aprons. Lovely lavenders - who'd ever think you wold sew with lavender!

donna said...

Joyce I am so glad you got your machine working I know how frustrating that can be. WOW! I love your aprons and pot holders. The roses are BEAUTIFUL. You did a great job.
Hugs
donna