Envelope Project

Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Dreaded Sickies

This past week has been a killer.  First it was a major all day allergy fest on Tuesday when apparently the tree mold count was so high my stock in Puffs surely took a bump!!  Next up on Wednesday the fever spiked at 102 and chills and chattering teeth had to have burned quite a few calories.  For nearly an hour I could not get my teeth to stop clacking.  I had to stay home on this day.  Thursday it was back to work and although my nose was still going strong, I was capable of functioning.  Friday was my day off and I was once again sick, sick, sick.  It continued on through Saturday and today I still have a stuffy nose, but I am determined to not get beaten down by this monster.  I have not been sick in a long time so the past few days have been quite miserable.  But, I'm back . . . at least until the next allergen decides to take root in my system and wreak havoc on me.  Fun!

I did manage to get the baseball quilt shipped off to the little guy.  I threw in another simple quilt for his little brother so I hope they both enjoy them.  Yesterday I made a little girl quilt top and today I attempted to quilt it up, but after quite a few stops and starts with the thread ravelling and breaking, I decided it was best if I just walked away and go draw some envelopes.  So, I'll attempt to finish the quilting tomorrow.  I think maybe I just need to change the needle out.  I had the same problem on my domestic machine last week and once I changed the needle, I was back in business.  I hope that is the solution here also.  When the longarm machine is tempermental, it does not make for a very FUN time!!  At that point, Patience becomes the new mantra!

I managed to eek out a 2.5 mile run this evening.  I hadn't been able to run since almost a week ago and it felt good.  I'm about 6 weeks out from my next Half Marathon and the training has been sidelined with injuries and sickness.  Oops.  I better get serious now. 

3 comments:

Quiet Quilter said...

Hope things are looking better on Monday! Good luck on the new needle...

Lisa said...

Hope you are feeling better. Seems like this time of year everyone has the creeping crud! Very impressed that you ran . . . takes me a week to get back in the groove after I've been sick like that.

Cheryll said...

Make sure you look after yourself... you won't be able to take part in your 1/2 marathon if you're SiCk! One day can make all the difference. :)